Monday, January 16, 2017

Something I Miss

Little Rose
So yesterday, while waiting to watch a dress rehearsal of Junie B. Jones is not a Crook, I was telling a nineteen year old friend that the eighties really was a great time to be a little kid.

Saturday morning cartoons.
And almost every one of them had a cereal attached to it.
Super Mario Bros.--the theme of which still fills me with inexplicable joy when I hear it.
Some of the best teen movies ever!
The toys.
The music! God bless the music!
And an MTV that played videos.
And a VH1 that played the videos that MTV stopped playing in heavy rotation.
And THIS! I still get giddy when I see it! Had to share it with my friend who also got a little giddy. How can you not!

I miss all of that!

Not the clothes though. I don't miss the clothes. Or the hair.

Here's a thought: How is it that Michael Jackson and Prince make the decade look iconic while the rest of us just look dated?

I miss Michael and Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24