Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Words Can't Express...

Little Rose

...How much I adore Beverly Cleary.

And on this, her 100th birthday, I still can't really express my adoration!

She has been an inspiration to me since I first picked up The Mouse and the Motorcycle.

And the wonderful Ramona, the fantastic Ribsy, and the incomparable Ralph S. Mouse.

There was such a sweet innocence to her books: children who are children, free range and full of heart.

The world she created was beautiful and if I can come even half as close...

Happy Birthday Beverly Cleary! I love you so much and thank you for your beautiful work!

And I will never pass up a chance to Drop Everything And Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24