Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tales From Everett, WA

Anyone who knows me knows how much I loathe kid prisons. Some of you call them schools.

I don't particularly enjoy performing in them because more often than not, they are unable to accommodate a show of this magnitude.

And then there is the whole kid prison...thing. Which is a combination of things.

The smell of oppression and sub-standard food.
The solemn tone calling the hour.
The droning sound of young feet as they shuffle mindlessly from one activity to another.

That thing that brings back painful memories and makes me glad I don't have to do it anymore.

That thing that makes me curse the entire institution and all the young, precious lives it is ruining.

And then I see this...

Young Love
...And I am reminded that although the institution is still the epitome of evil, it still has not broken every spirit of kindness, determination, hope...

And LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24