Thursday, November 20, 2014

Little Rose #1: Gaming

Little Rose

Windows XP will install and play old Roller Coaster Tycoon. It will also install the Loopy Landscapes/Corkscrew Follies expansion. It just won't play it because of "compatibility issues." Of course it will generously offer you a link to a mysterious patch that expired centuries ago.

What it WON'T tell you is to right click on the icon, choose Properties, choose the Compatibility tab, then pick an older version of Windows for the game to play.

Seriously?

I won't even get into how much old patch searching I had to go through before I discovered that. This was--of course--AFTER I uninstalled the game, including my saved progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24