Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall Dream

Placeholder for Loni's Poetry Book

Fall Dream
 I once had a dream that the leaves on the trees started growing rubies and gold. 

 They fell to the ground in a tinkling sound and were light enough to pick up and hold. 

 They were soft to your cheek and smelled nice and sweet and you could rake them in piles on your yard. 

 And when the piles were past your shins you could jump right in because these riches are never too hard. 

 So I would lay back in this gold and ruby bliss, "What a beautiful, beautiful world!" I scream. 

 But I awake in my bed, on my pillow rests my head, and I know it was just my fall dream. 

 By: Loni
age 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24