Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Taming the Tantrum

Taming the Tantrum

How do you tame a tantrum?

When my niece was a toddler, she treated a hair washing and braiding session like a she was being tortured. There was screaming, tears, and general fussing as her mother got through the task of caring for her lovely curly hair.

One evening, the artist in me shouted the sympathetic Auntie down because she saw it as a prime opportunity to capture a small child's raw fury forever. I pointed my camera at her and just as I was about to press the magic button, I got the face that you see.

It was Mona Lisa herself, come through a toddler that was in the middle of a full out tantrum not two seconds before.

And so this feisty lady taught me a lesson that day: A lady never lets you catch her angry side for eternity.

This is how you tame a tantrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24